Kegs to Go
Select SRB kegs and tap supplies can be purchased at Albertson’s in McCall (132 E. Lake Street). Please call 208.634.8186 with inquiries!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How long will a kegged beer keep and why does it go flat?
- A. It will keep for a few days if you keep the beer cold, but it progressively changes in taste with each day if it is exposed to oxygen. Tapping your keg with a party pump is like opening a 2 liter bottle of soda — it puts air into the container. CO2 then escapes the liquid and dissipates into the air, making the beer more flat, and the oxygen starts to negatively affect the beer through oxygenation.
- Q. If I plan on drinking the beer over a few days, what should I do?
- A. The best thing to do is tap the keg and keep the beer on ice! Cold beer will hang onto its CO2 longer. Do not pump more air into it — that will just oxidize the beer faster. Or… you can rent a CO2 draft beer system and step up your party level.
- Q. What causes foam?
- A. Primarily, beer will foam when it is warm. Bouncing it down the stairs won’t help. Keep it on ice and keep it still and you will have a happy keg.
- Q. How much does a keg weigh?
- A. A full keg weighs between 125-135 lbs, so be careful moving it, Macho Man. No need to give yourself a hernia. We’ll help you load it, but you’re on your own to unload.